Fix It Friday

I wanted to try this fix, mainly to see what I could do with the color that was terribly orange. In the end, I liked just taking it to an old fashioned black and white. I never really liked any of the outcomes of the color. Soemtimes I do this with my own work, instead of taking a poorly color-balanced picture and spending 20 minutes on trying to edit it to look just right, I just flip it to black and white and start making adjustments from there. Much quicker, and I'm usually much happier with the outcome.

So here's the original:


And my edit: 


I cropped it in a bit so you could focus more on the baby's cute face and two teeth. I got rid of just a touch of the picture frame that was still showing in the right corner. It was a little distracting for me. Softened up her face a little, then sharpened it just a tad. I like the black and white with a little bit of the sepia on top. It gives it a creamy look.

And I think it's definitely a frameable picture now! See what you can do by downloading the picture from http://www.iheartfaces.com/.

2 comments:

Maryrose said...

I loved your edit! Thanks for sharing :)

Jessica Marie said...

You did an amazing job!