Me, The Photographer

That's right, I'm going to claim the title. At least that is my ultimate goal. Being a painter (I guess I could call myself that) I love creating beautiful images and seeing the world with its different colors and perspectives. Well, a while ago I was inspired to start doing more with real images... that is photographing the things around me. It's a lot easier to take a picture then to paint it I'm realizing, at least when it comes to the amount of time... and let's face it... your hands don't end up 2o different colors after snapping a shot, and the clean up only consists of turning the power button off and sticking your camera back in its case. But it's also definitely more involved then just pushing a button. I have been doing a lot of studying, researching and practicing and am ready to start showing the world what I can do!! Ok, or maybe only the 3 or 4 of you that may run into this site, but at least it's a start, right? So here's my first post of pictures I've taken for photography's sake... that is me trying to do everything right to try and capture a moment that looks good too.

The Park
I love taking pictures at the park because it's a place the kids love and are having fun... so they usually have such cute expressions on their faces. Also, the lighting is much better than inside and they're usually surrounded by vibrant colors which I like.




I just thought the background was really interesting in this picture, just how the sun is shining through the canopy.



I call this one the stolen car. He usually manages to find at least one lost car at the park... but don't worry, he always gives it back.

I wish I would have taken more at this angle because I like the effect of the grass, but the kids aren't where I would want them to be, but it's still kinda cool.

6 comments:

ashlee said...

I'll have to admit, I'm a bit surprised at your creativity this early in the game, I didn't see that coming. :) I see great potential, and I'm not just saying that. Can't wait to see what you can do with a little experience and a professional camera! :)

Angela said...

Thanks my oh so wise and creative photographer sister! It means a lot!

Drea said...

These pictures are REALLY good! I love the one with the grass - and the colors are gorgeous! I'm excited to see what you do with your new camera... YEAH!

Sheila said...

The grass one IS my favorite of the bunch...but it really is hard to choose...I'm loving this new world of photography too...I think b/c I feel like I'm taking pictures so much of the kids, might as well try and actually be good at it right?? CALL ME so we can plan our PROVO TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brittany said...

Way to go Angela! I've always been impressed with your picture taking abilities! You really are good! I think it's great that you started this picture blog!

Elizabeth Dover said...

How did you angle the camera in the grass? I want to try this